Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lake Placid Training next week

Yup - very psyched to be heading up to Placid next week to do some QT2 training with coach Pat Wheeler and QT2 guru/founder Jesse Kropelnicki. I missed the VT camp last month so when this popped up and the family schedule was clear I made the plans!

I just saw Pat's blog post on the agenda ( http://pat-wheeler.com/ )... a very solid 3 days including a 6.5 hour ride (longest has been 5:20 so this will be a teat, especially since were in the hills of LP) and a 2 hr run.

It will be nice to be up there as the race is getting set to go on that Sunday - unfortunately I won't be staying for race day, having to head back Saturday night. But none the less, it will be a great 3.5 days up there with all the athletes.

I will be hooping for an online application acceptance on Monday after the race as I want to make Lake Placid my 1st IM! Last year it sold out before going online... could mean community slot!

That's it... had a good day in the pool and a recovery run. Tomorrow includes a tempo ride (trainer) and 66 minute run with BOUNDING! (plus CORE WORK!).

It's all about Timberman 70.3 now - Mission Top Step!

work2Bdone

3 comments:

  1. Good luck getting your Placid spot. Maybe it won't be so crazy this year with all the new races out there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was still crazy. Checked out the online app on Monday and it was sold out - 'cept for the community slots ($1,100 = ouch!). However, after my weekend up there training (great time as I'm sure you know) and talking more with folks (like me) who have young, active kids that still require much of mom and dad's time during the week and weekends, I decided to listen to that inner voice - the other inner voice, you know... not the one that tells you to buy another bike or sign up for an IM, but the one with some semblance of reason. yeah, that little voice). Anyway, I didn't (haven't) pulled the trigger on the community slot... too worried the time commitment needed for IM will negatively affect the family at this point. So I put it "on the shelf" for another time, and am thinking about a killer year at 70.3... either 1 a month or close to that (including Rev3 Quassy, which I recall you were at this past June - looked like a sweet course... very challenging but sweet).
    It's been an off year for me - only one race (Old Colony Olympic) as work et al has been busy (ok, excuses, excuses...) but so it is.
    Bagging Marlboro this weekend for Timberman training... hope you're well. pw

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be plenty of LP's down the road and you still have plenty of time to sign up for a community spot if you really want that. Besides, you never know what the year will bring. Plenty of other racing to do and yes, Charlie Patten and the Rev3 series is top notch. 70.3's are so much fun. You can recover and do much more racing in a season.
    Off year? I know all too much about that! Here's to 2011!!!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete