Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A good day!

After the Gloucester Fisherman Tri Sunday my back was at it again - that painful L4/L5 arthritic/disc annoyance that comes and goes with certain activities.

I am pretty sure I can blame this one on the over-sized backpack I loaded up for the race Sunday... it was way too heavy to be throwing on my back and riding around with. For all the years, on and off, I've been doing tris I still can't seem to figure out just what I NEED to bring with me to transition and what can be left behind at the car.

For Timberman I am vowing NOT to use the Zoot backpack but rather will opt for the USAT Timbukto bag. It's smaller and thus will force me to pack only what is absolutely positively needed... (we'll see how that goes).

So because of the pain I was having quite a lot of trouble even sitting at work and moving around the last couple of days. And because of that I missed my big Tuesday bike wkout. So today I was able to sneak out of work a little early to take ky boy to the dentist - and rather than go back to the office I multi-tasked and watched email from home while I set up the trainer on the back deck (it was beautiful out and most enjoyable) and got my 2hr BSTs in, with pleasure (followed by a 40min T-run)! Very happy about that!

Timberman is 11 days away. Not where I'd like to be with my fitness but it is what it is a this point - not much else I can do now but get the rest of the workouts in, eat well, avoid further nagging ass aches and get ready to work hard for 4+ hours.

Oh yeah, and the minor BP spill on the basement floor, the one I thought was from my Speedplay because I couldn't find anything indicting it was from the trainer (the fluid trainer... I know), well I used my other trainer today and sure enough... no leakage. So it must be the Cyclops... Hopefully I can get this fixed quicker and easier than that "other spill".

(my first thought is to nuke this bitch rather than dick around with it for a while...)


work2Bdone

No comments:

Post a Comment