Friday, May 15, 2009

2nd post in one day - outta control!

OK, let's not get carried away. Plus, I started Tweeting a couple weeks ago... to keep up with a couple other tri-friends and their trainings. But I draw the line at Facebook. Some things are better off left alone... don't need anyone poking me or finding me that I don't want to find me, ya know...

So after my 3k swim this morning I planned to run at lunch. But that work-thing got in the way again, so I headed home at 6p with the intention of drinking coffee and hitting the trainer after the ruckus died down (BTW, the flu is having a field day in this house so don't breath too hard while reading or you might catch something).

Started to get a little late as I had to run out and buy a b-day card and cake for the little lady for tomorrow (she already bought her present with some custom made drapes for the family room a while back - I don't even want to know the kind of tri bike I coulda had for the cost of those things... ugh!).

So at about 10pm I jumped on the trainer and watched the end of the Bruins as I hammered out a nice 90 minute spin. Glad to have gotten it done and will now NOT beat myself up if I don't wake at 0430 tomorrow to train. Instead will run at lunch (I damn well hope - friggin work).

Number for the ride:
20' wu 58% FTP (a little too low)
MS 1x60' 78% FTP (in the grey zone - gotta keep at 80-85%)
10' cd 56% FTP (little low again)
= overall it coulda been better... but then again I coulda been asleep in bed as well.
Doing something was better than nothing tonight.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment