Monday, May 18, 2009

Feelin' Good

Had a good few days of workouts Thurs thru Sunday night - highlighted by a 4hr, 75m ride on Saturday.

Met the MRC boys bright and early Saturday with and early 0500 roll-out from Bolton. Steve Kimball, Dave Corso, Gary Sclar and I warm-up while heading to Stow to meet up with Gary David, Chris (last name ? - but LOTS of power in his Clyde’s frame) and another gent who's name escapes me = all MRC riders.

We did two loops of Stow with the plan of 2x20 @100% and 5x15 at 85% FTP. In the end we hit the 2x20 but only managed 4x15. I felt good and knew I didn't have time to run off the bike so I pretty much bagged the 85% for more like 90-100%. Legs felt real good - and felt fine the rest of the day, so I don't think I over did it. Wanted to run in the afternoon but instead enjoy a nice 90 minute ride on my lawn mower (it looks as green as Fenway this time of year). Just wish I had a beer and cigar for the ride.

Ended the weekend at 8pm last night with a 3.5 mile run at 7:06 pace (7:18, 6:42 on purpose, 7:17, 7:07 last 1/2m). The day was jammed packed with family stuff, little league and with the 0330 wake-up call on Saturday I knew I needed to sleep in. So after LL I got home and went right out for a run. The legs felt great at first (as did the breathing) for the first 2-2.5 mls, then the fatigued a bit. To be expected I guess but overall happy with it. Knew the hammy and hip were there but kept everything under control. Still need to get the run going though with Mooseman International less than 3 weeks away - not sure what the run looks like but it's in NH so I will expect there to be at least some "rollers".

Shoulda swam this morning but got to bed too late - will try and sneak it in tonight.

Safe training everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment