Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mooseman International - Recap

Here's my short report from Saturday:Mooseman... International:


No Applesauce the night before (Crap! - or lack there of)...


Easy Ride up at 0315 Saturday with The Machine (Dean McNabb)...


Pit stop just before the race site -- I wish I had the Applesauce to "help"...


Beautiful Day for a race...

Consistent swim, good rythym, no real issues save for a little offline on the return to shore, couldn't site the swim finish; all in all good swim...


I STILL haven't pee'd in my wetsuit...


Swim - 25:04


T1 - a little disoriented, slow in transition... 1:39


Problems on the bike (seat position, gears skipping)... resulted in low back pain and shifting problems all day; think the rear brake is rubbing as well; used disc on PT wheel (watts data below)


I STILL haven't pee'd on the bike...


Bike - 1:16:30 (avg watts 284, normpower 300)


T2 - slow again at 1:14 (about 30 seconds slower than I wanted)...


Run could have been good if I did an Uta Pippig (stomach issues b/t Mile 2 and 3)... didn't stop but couldn't hit my next gear while focusing on stomach...


Run - 44:15 (7:08 pace -- wanted 6:36 to 6:45, oh well)


2:28:40 final

Bad enough for 11th AG, 39th OV (looking for Top 10 AG and Top 25 OV - AG goal was there for the taking but OV was not. 40-44 is one tough group. The top 6 were well outta reach - a different horse those 6 were).

Initially disappointed in the results -- it should have been better... but after reflection I came to realize:


1. I felt good during the swim (in a sustainable rhythm)


2. my bike wasn't too far off from my goal of 1:15 (loose the shifting issues and I could've saved a minute or two)

3. and I know I can run the 6:45 (or better) I wanted if I just stopped and PEE'D and got that off my mind (oh, and had my applesauce the night before to help clear the system out)

Will get the bike set-up squared away and will drink far less coffee prior to the race - will also pound the applesauce the day/night before to flush the system early the next morning. All things I'll work on this weekend at Ashland, as I just signed up to race it yesterday.


Safe Training Everyone!

PS - Loved racing again after a year off... MUCH (much much much) work to do before Timberman Half.


Power-Tap - Mooseman International 6/6/09:
Duration: 1:17:23
Work: 1317 kJ
TSS: 119.7 (intensity factor 0.965)
Norm Power: 300
VI: 1.05
Distance: 27.298 mi
Averages:
Power 713 max 284 avg
Cadence 159 max 88 avg
Speed 42.2 max 21.2 avg

No comments:

Post a Comment