Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 1 - okay technically 2....

....since it's 1:45AM on the second day of 2009. Happy New Year!

Been kicking around the idea of writing a diary for a number of years now to chronicle my attempt(s) at toeing the line for my first Ironman race. I am not a wordsmith nor would expect this to become a NY Times Bestseller, so this is something only I would really enjoy. I have put pen to paper several times but it has never amounted to anything - kinda like my repeated attempts at consistent training towards the ultimate race the last, oh I don't know, 10 years maybe...

So, as this George Jetson-world continues to evolve, now with Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, et al, I thought I'd give this Blog stuff a try. Not sure if anyone will read this or if I'll even make it public, but I'll try to keep up with it and see where it goes --- maybe it will be my training diary and race results page... maybe it'll be my therapy session on the couch... or maybe I'll expand it to be my family album (with 4 young kids there's always something new to tell the grandparents, extended family and friends). We tried to keep up to date with photo albums - HA! - gotta remember to bring the camera if your plan to have a photo album.

So let's just see how this goes. I already know I have one thing going against me... I type slowly. So I'll forgive myself now (and ask that of ALL my readers) if I don't make this a daily occurrence.

wess
191.8
11.8

No comments:

Post a Comment