Friday, January 16, 2009

Shoot me now!

Saw the Hip Dr today and he told me I'm "shallow". I could have told him that.....

What he meant was I have shallow hips and suffer from Dysplasia - that is the real problem and why I have the Labral tear. I can have surgery and "clean it up" but that won't solve the problem (maybe just some of the pain) --- nope, ultimately I heading towards hip replacement in 20-odd years.... we'll see about that!

He said I'm a dream case for him - I say it's more like Paul's "Nightmare on Hilltop Road".

The other option - other than surgery - is to stop running and find something else, like biking and swimming. Great, so I can again experience that empty feeling I had when I completed the Patriot Aquabike.... roll into transition and STOP! You're done for the day - everyone else is heading out for a run and you're standing there holding your bike, literally, looking like a lost puppy. Oh boy, sign me up!

So it's decision time - have the surgery and hopefully feel good enough to keep training (after 2-3 months recovery), or keep popping NSAIDs, icing and deal with it --- and stop running, or cut back I guess.

Think I will have the surgery. It won't heal my "shallowness" but it will likely relieve the pain. What I'm gonna have to do it reel-in the running and save it for the races.

Dunno --- this sucks! F**king shoot me now!

(oh yeah, and we didn't even address the back - had to schedule another apt with his DO, Kelli McInnis... not until March 5th. Stay tuned...)

Know what? I gotta stop crying in my Power Gel.... at least my wife is beating the sh*t out of her breast cancer! Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment