Saturday, January 24, 2009

A new day ?

This was a tough week. Work is slow and business sucks in this economy. I have no chance of hitting my number this month which, even though I knew this and accepted it, still really de-motivates you.

Add that with the consistent reminding-pain in my back and hip and I faced with a very poor training motivation psyche. Got an LT test in on Wednesday on the trainer which was encouraging - not the results, just the fact I did it - and had hoped that would catapult me into workouts Thursday and Friday (Friday would have been a great day to run outside - almost 40 degrees) but I just couldn't get it going. Shame on me!

So this morning, after a relatively early night to bed (10:30 - that's early these days) I got up and jumped on the trainer again for about 50 minutes. Did another LT test, different from the first. Results were the same - I am in absolute sh*ty shape. Was planning to follow that up with a run outside but Blake was up and in need of a shower - badly. So I will try to do 20-30 minutes later this afternoon --- want to gauge how the hip feels.

Diet this last week was off as well. I've been trying to live by the QT2 plan Jesse prescribed, and generally have been doing well.... except for the late night grains (and mid day grains.... and morning grains... "Hello, my name is Paul and I'm a Carbo-holic"). Plus, I really am starting to think the 1 glass of red each night is negatively affecting me; I think it's making it harder to get up each morning. I will test it out the next 7 days and see if no wine at night helps me make the morning trainings (bummer - no red!)

Hope to be writing about some consistent trainings rather than my lack of motivation over the next few days --- stay tuned

pw
193

No comments:

Post a Comment