Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moving on...

OK, a couple of workouts into it and I'm feeling a little better about myself.

Right now my plan is to forego the surgery until the fall (late fall) and train and race through the season. If I said yes to surgery now I assume I couldn't have it until later February - and with about 2 months recovery before running that means I'm looking at April/May before I can really train again... so I think I'll take my chances playing it smart by limiting my runs to an as-needed basis, maybe do more elipticals and deep water runs in place of the road work. Then once or twice a week go out for a quality session, either on the track or trails to minimize the pounding, but keep the strength up. Hopefully that will allow me to race this summer... then we'll repair the damage in the fall.

The only other decision left to make (if this plan works inititaly) is whether I can race Timberman Half. I want to do more and more 1/2s but now I have to think abut this whole hip thing- crap. On the other hand I could work on my weight, lean body mass and speed and really push the Olympic distance races.... I just love this sport so much that I can't imagine what I'll be like if I can't do it any more - Aqua Bike just isn't the same.r

Well, that's where I am today. Now that I have my diagnosis I am moving on into my training - will be putting the Power Tap to good use starting this weekend with a couple of LT tests. Hope to get my fat a$$ swimming again so I can join Tony's Saturday sufferfest. I'll try to keep this blogging thing up to date as my training diary. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment